Friday, April 27, 2012

Cannellini Beans with Kale/ Peanut Butter Sundae Sandwich




I made this meal yesterday for my Meatless Monday lunch Cannellini beans with Kale and a  Peanut Butter Sundae  Sandwich to go with it.

Peanut Butter Sundae Sandwich =3 Points Plus

2 slices Sara Lee Whole Wheat Bread
1 Tbsp. Better N Peanut Butter ( Trader Joes)
1/2 Banana
2 or 3 Large Strawberries.

Spread Peanut Butter onto bread slices. Spray underside of  one slice  with cooking spray and place into heated skillet. Top with banana and strawberries. Top with other slice of bread and grill till brown, flip brown other side. Enjoy



I have been having this sandwich at night as a snack. It is so good. I also made it with Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges one night instead of the Peanut Butter. Just as tasty. I hope you enjoy.

The Cannellini Beans with kale was amazing. I will make this recipe again and again. In fact I'm going to make up a pot of it today. I don't have any Cannellini beans so I'm going to use Pintos. I bought the kale this past week after our discussion about fruits and veggies we hadn't eaten. I had never cooked with Kale but had eaten it in soup at Olive Garden. This soup was better than Olive Gardens.

Having a great week this week. Eating breakfast out on my patio and enjoying the birds singing, watching the humming birds drink from their bird waterier and enjoying the squirrels scamper around.  I hope you to are getting out and enjoying the beautiful weather and nature. I got into a winter rut of hibernation and eating and not doing the activity I needed to and with the great weather we have been having I realize I want to get out and do something. Enjoy a walk around the neighborhood, go to the farmers market, enjoy an evening with friends. My success is in my hands and I AM in control of the choices I make. Whether they are food , activity or just taking the time to enjoy my success. I deserve the best I can give myself so should YOU.



Cannellini beans with kale
Classic Italian beans and kale recipe uses bacon to add flavour to the beans; this meatless version still achieves great taste due to the combination of far healthier herbs.

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound (440 grams) fresh kale, stems removed, coarsely chopped
  • 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
  • 3 cups cooked cannellini or navy beans, or 2 15-ounces cans of beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 large onion, cut in thin half-rings
  • 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 1/4 tsp dried oregano
  • 1/4 tsp dried sage
  • Salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste

Directions:
  1. In a large non-stick skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic, and let them cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
  2. Increase the heat; add kale , mixing it in batch by batch; cook until it is bright green for 2 to 4 minutes.
  3. Reduce the heat, add beans and spices and cook stirring often, until well heated. Serve warm.
Yields 4 servings= 4 Points Plus

No comments:

Post a Comment