Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

I would like to wish everyone a healthy, happy and safe Thanksgiving. Getting together with family and friends always brings joy to my day. I will miss doing all the food preparation and my family this year but I'm so thankful to be able to join in the Walk for Food 5-k in Chico on Thursday morning then come back to Paradise and share a wonderful meal and football  with Roger, Frankie and Griswald.

                                                     Our Thanksgiving Menu
Smoked Turkey
Baked Sweet Potato                                     Everything on our menu is a Simply Filling Food
Seven Layer Salad                                         except the Cheesecake Shooters
Cranberry Relish
Pumpkin Cheesecake Shooters


           Happy Thanksgiving Everyone


The meeting of Thursday November 8th was a turning point in the unhealthy food choices I've been making. The Simply Filling Plan was just what I need to get myself motivated and back on track. It really brought back the excitement I had when I first joined WW and I really needed something to get me going again. Below are a few days of my food choices for last week. I felt more energized, aware of my hunger in my body instead of letting my emotions take control of my choices. I'd like to say everyday will be this perfect but the reality is life happens and I won't always make such good food choices. But I now I have Points Plus and Simply Filling to choose from. The * is the symbol I used for Power Foods as I can't make a green triangle. Where there is a PP listed I took those Points from my 49 extra points .

Thursday November 8
Snack after weigh in
Banana                                                                                 * 
Breakfast
1/2 cup dry Oatmeal made with water                                 *
1 Cup frozen mixed Berries                                                  *
Fat Free Milk 1 Cup                                                             *
     Coffee                                                                                  0PP
Snack
Apple                                                                                    *
Lunch
Subway Salad with Lettuce, onion, bell pepper,                    * 
cucumber, jalapeno, peppercines,  pickles, tomato,  turkey * 
2 Tbsp. Tortilla Strips                                                        1PP
Fat Free Ranch Dressing                                                       *
Snack
Yoplait Yogurt                                                                      *
Dinner

Chicken Casserole (recipe below)                                          5PP
Cauliflower Broccoli Salad  (recipe below)                         *

Snack 
Popcorn                                                                                *
Apple                                                                                    *
Total PP used today 6
 
Saturday November 10
Breakfast
1 Egg                                                                                            *
Ham 2 oz.                                                                                      * 
English Muffin Wheat                                                                  *
Orange                                                                                          *
Sugar Free Strawberry Jam 2 tsp.                                            0PP
Milk Fat Free 1 cup                                                                      *
Snack
Popcorn                                                                                        *
Apple                                                                                           *
Lunch
Kim's Dump Chicken Tortilla Soup 1 serving                            *
Tortilla Strips                                                                             1 PP
Fat Free Greek yogurt 1 Tbsp                                                         *
       Cilantro                                                                                          *      
Dinner 
Smoked Chicken Breast 4 oz.                                                          *
Cauliflower Broccoli Salad ( recipe already in blog)                      *
Snack
Apple                                                                                                *
String Cheese                                                                             2 PP 
 
Total PP used today 3PP
 
       Below are pictures of the meals I eat these two days.                    
 
 
Oatmeal with Fruit, Milk, and coffee
Subway Salad







Chicken Casserole and Cauliflower Broccoli Salad



Eggs, Ham, English Muffin, Orange, Milk
 
 
Kim's Chicken Tortilla Soup
 
Some recipes I was asked to share again and some new ones. 
 
Kim's Chicken Tortilla  Soup 
12 servings---1 cup=4 Point Plus(with tortilla strips= 5 PP)
 
2 cans black beans rinsed
2 cans corn
2 cans tomatoes with peppers (Rotel)
2 cups Chicken
2 cans Chicken Broth
1 package taco seasoning
Dump everything into a pot. Simmer for 30 minutes. I add fresh squeezed lime, tortilla strips and cilantro on top when served.
 
 
 
 
Cauliflower Broccoli Raisin Salad ( I love this salad)
2 1/2 cup cauliflower chopped small
2 1/2 cup broccoli chopped small
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup raisins
2 Tbsp. Hormel bacon bits
1/2 cup Kraft Free mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. white vinegar
2 Tbsp. Splenda
Mix all ingredients together in bowl. Cover and chill in fridge for 2 hours. Stir to mix and serve.

2/3 cup = 2 Points Plus
 
If you don't like raisins you can use grapes. I do for Roger and Frankie and it should make the points less.
 
 
3 2 1 Pumpkin Cake =3 PP
I make this in a cereal bowl
3 Tbsp. Angelfood Cake
2 Tbsp. Pumpkin
Pumpkin Pie Spices to taste
2 Tbsp. Water , Mix all together then
1 minute in microwave
 
 
 
 



Pumpkin Cheesecake ShootersSkinnytaste.comServings: 16 • Size: 1 shot glass* • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 2
Calories: 78 • Fat: 4.2 g • Carb: 11.6 g • Fiber: 0 g • Protein: 1 g • Sugar: 7.5 g
Sodium: 16.5 mg


Ingredients:



  • 3 (1.5 oz total) whole chocolate graham crackers
  • 4 oz 1/3 fat cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup pure canned pumpkin
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 3 tbsp dark brown sugar, unpacked
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 8 oz light whipped topping (I used Truwhip light)

Directions:

Crush graham crackers in a food processor. Set aside.

In a large bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth with an electric mixer. Add the pumpkin, vanilla, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg and cinnamon. Beat until well combined and creamy. Use a spatula to fold in 5 oz (1-1/2 cups) of the whipped topping; combine until no streaks remain. Place in a piping bag or ziplock bag with a corner snipped off.

To assemble: Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of graham cracker crumbs on the bottom of each shot glass. Pipe a layer of pumpkin cheesecake onto the graham cracker crust (about 1 tbsp) followed by a layer of whipped topping. Repeat a second layer and finish with another sprinkle of crumbs. Insert small spoons and refrigerator until ready to serve.
copied from: skinnytaste.com


I adjusted the recipe a bit to make it 1 PP. I used regular graham crackers (that's what I had in the cupboard.) I used fat free cream cheese and fat free cool whip. I shared these with Kim, Jean, Frankie, Margurette and they all thought they were delicious. Hope you all enjoy them as much as we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment