Thursday, February 7, 2013

Activity Yes, No, Maybe




I really enjoyed the meeting today. I was always the first one 

to say I don't like getting on my treadmill or stationary bike I

hated exercise  but what I do like is walking with my WW 

girls. Frankie, Rosemary and I go to the Paradise High Track 

and walk almost everyday. We are usually there about 11:45-

12:00 WE would love for any of you that can make it to come 

join us.The time goes by so fast and we supply laughter,

support and positive affirmations. It feels so good to be out in 

the fresh air and to know that your not doing it alone. I've 

learned it's not always about how much you do just that your 

doing something. Maybe this isn't your thing or your work 

doesn't allow you time to join us but there are so many other 

ways to get in extra activity. 


Activity Ideas

1) Walk during commercials ( a 1 hour show will net you about 18-20 minutes of activity.)

2) Park at the very back of the parking lot and walk in to the store.  

3) Break up your workout,  into three 10 minute sessions.

4) Get a work out buddy. 

5)  I'm sure poor ole Fido would just love to go for a walk or play a game of fetch.

6) Find something you enjoy, turn up those tunes  and dance till you can't dance no more. Work out in those flower beds, that have been neglected over the winter or take a nice walk in one of our many beautiful parks.

6) Start training for our spring Weight Watchers 5k. It's an amazing accomplishment. This years WW 5k will be on April 6th at the Paradise High Track at 9am. Come walk  fast or slow as far or maybe not so far it really dosen't matter. We are all there to support one another and it's really nice to see everyone outside of the meeting room. We are going to have fun. 

Well that was just a few of the things we can do the get in those extra activity points.



Benefits of Activity

  There are many benefits to moving more. Here are just a few:

1) It's good for your cardio health, your bones, and your immune system.

2)  It helps reduce stress

3)  It helps you sleep better

4) You'll have more energy

5) And the one we are all striving for-- It helps in our weigh loss journey. 

6) Also you can earn extra activity points to use or not for something you really want.

There are many benefits to getting extra activity in but for myself the benefits have been far reaching.  Not only is my health better and I'm off several medications and I no longer have to use a cane when I walk , members of my family and my best friend has jumped on the band wagon and started their own journey to better health. Today I'm miles from where I was 2 1/2 year ago. For myself it's a slow process but one I will never regret and  I will always be thankful for the day I walked into my first WW meeting, for the friends I have made and for the unwavering support I get every time I walk through that WW door. 

Till next time, keep smiling, keep walking and never take your eyes off the prize ( better health)

Patty brought treats this week to the meeting. Thank you so much. Here is the recipe

1 cake mix (she used carrot)
1 large can pumpkin (not pie mix)
Mix these two things together and pour into 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Cut into 24 pieces. 4 Point Plus

With  Valentines  Day just  around the corner thought I would  share an old post for  chocolate dipped strawberries


Easy Chocolate Dipped Strawberries

                                                               
                                                  Easy Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
                                                        4 Strawberries = 1 Point Plus

1- Jello Chocolate sugar free pudding cup (you will only use about 1/2)
8- Strawberries
1/4 cup- Redi whip lite (a good squirt)
Chocolate syrup (drizzle)

Clean strawberries and make sure they are dry.
Heat chocolate pudding in container and microwave for 8-10 seconds.
Dip strawberries into pudding
Arrange on plate, add a squirt of Redi whip
Drizzle with chocolate syrup

Enjoy a delicious treat. You will feel like your eating a dessert made by a dessert chef

No comments:

Post a Comment