Thursday, August 9, 2012

Quick lunch idea from Mary

Mary went right home and made the new WW Grab and Go Mexican Rice and Beans. She sent a nice picture with her email but of course I couldn't get it to copy but here is what she had to say.
                                                  THANKS MARY

Mexican Red Beans and Rice With Spinach, Cabbage, Carrots, Onions and Veggie Shreds

6 Points Plus Lunch


Today I learned of this new Weight Watcher “Grab and Go” meal.  You know me, I had to try it.  It takes 2 minutes to cook and then you let it sit to soak up all the juice.  As you probably also know, I’m into quantity and I wasn’t sure this little cup would keep me satisfied until dinner.  So….. while I waited for the juices to be absorbed into the rice, I put a cup of spinach, ½ cup shredded red cabbage, and ½ cup shredded carrots into the bowl.  When the Red Bean mixture was ready, I poured it over the spinach mixture, topped it with ¼ cup chopped onion and ¼ cup shredded soy cheese. 





This was really good, very filling and super easy to make  If 6 points are more than you like to use at lunch, this  would also make a very good dinner. 

I know I’ll be buying more and I’m not normally one who likes prepared foods. 







Mary McMillan –  8/9/2012




No comments:

Post a Comment