Monday, January 14, 2013

Recipes I'm putting on my list to make.

Hi everyone,

What a week. Raider had his manly surgery Thursday. I had all my, I'm going to live to be a hundred Dr. appointments and I spoke at the WW open house Saturday. With that being said I did find time to cook. I made the Texas Casserole from two weeks ago in the  WW hand out and it was really good. Two thumbs up from Rog and Frankie, oh and I loved it too. I bought a Chili Relleno Stuffed Chicken Breast from Grocery Outlet. 4 Points Plus for a 1/2 of breast. I served it with a new salad mixture I bought at Costco (Sweet Kale Salad) , I eat it for 3 days in a row. The Sweet Kale Salad is so good I plan on buying two bags when I go to Chico on Wednesday. It comes with dressing, dried  cranberry and sunflower seeds to put on top. MMMM. I was going to post a picture of the Sweet Kale Salad but for what ever reason I'm not able to post any pictures. Will work on that this week. I also tried Pomegranates, I had never eaten them before and really am enjoying them. I have put them in my salad and this morning I put some in my oatmeal. I have posted the  recipe for Blackend Shrimp with Pomegranate and Orange Salsa, I will be trying it this week and will report back on how many thumbs up that recipe gets.

I'm really loving the new 360 meetings. I can see that it is going to be a big help in my journey. For me it takes awhile to make a change and make something a routine. The last two weeks I choose to eat breakfast at my kitchen counter, happy to report it has become a routine. I turn on the radio and really enjoy my meal and as amazing as it is my recliner is surviving and the news cast is still going on without me.

I purchased the active link on Saturday. It's in the gathering information mode so as soon as I get that taken care of I look forward to sharing the information this newest gadget provides me. I know my recliner is wondering if I have abandoned it. I can see I will have to make an appointment soon at the recliner therapy center :)

Hope your week is going well and your getting out to enjoy this cold weather that has descended down upon us. Frankie, Rosemary and myself are bundling up and getting in our walk at noon each day. It's amazing once you get out there and get to walking and talking how quickly the 2 miles go by. Speaking of walking I've been asked by several WW members about doing a 5k. I have tentatively booked April 6th at 9am as the day and time. Please let me know if your interested in joining this fun morning of activity.


Hugs,
Lynda


Blackend Shrimp with Pomegranate- Orange Salsa

 

Ingredients

  • Salsa:
  • 2 cups pomegranate seeds (about 4 pomegranates)
  • 1 cup finely chopped orange sections (about 2 oranges)
  • 1/3 cup chopped green onions
  • 2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeno pepper
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • Shrimp:
  • 1 tablespoon paprika
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 3/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
  • 36 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 1/2 pounds)
  • 5 teaspoons olive oil, divided

Preparation

  1. To prepare salsa, combine the first 6 ingredients.
  2. To prepare shrimp, combine paprika and the next 7 ingredients (through allspice) in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add shrimp to bag; seal and shake well to coat. Remove shrimp from bag.
  3. Heat 2 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of shrimp mixture; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining 2 1/2 teaspoons oil and remaining shrimp mixture. Serve warm with salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment