Thursday, February 16, 2012

I have been asked to share some low sodium recipes and Diabetic recipes. I will be working on those this week and will share them as they develop.

 At this time I would like to share some tips I have used over the years and some new ones I have yet to try.

1) If you separate your bananas when you get them home they will not ripen as fast. This really works. Also if you don't like to strings peel your banana from the bottom.

2) Mary shared this one. If you are wanting homemade cookies without the temptation of dozens around  the house. Make your cookie dough, spoon up your cookie size dough and freeze. Take one or two frozen balls out of the freezer and bake in toaster oven. Fresh, homemade cookies with Points Plus portion control.

3 )Feeling tired in the afternoon, put down the caffeinated soda and pick up a cucumber. Cucumbers are a good source of B Vitamins and Carbohydrates that can provide that quick pick-me-up that can last for hours.

4)Looking to fight off that afternoon or evening snacking binge? Cucumbers have been used for centuries and often used by European trappers, traders and explores for quick meals to thwart off starvation. (With that being said you should always carry a spare cucumber in your purse.)

5) Here are just a few suggestions I have used over the years for  successful cooking:
    a) Read the entire recipe from start to finish.
    b) Check ingredient list to make sure you have everything on hand.
    c)Set out all ingredients and equipment you will need for the recipe.
    d)Chop, cut, grate, or whatever the recipe requires in advance.
    e)Clean up as you go. It's easier to wash a few dishes at a time then be left with a counter full of
        dirty ones. (okay okay I could never do a cooking show :(  I fail miserably at this one :0)
    f) I always write along side the recipe if I liked the recipe. I make notes to myself if I 
        altered the recipe in any way. If my family liked it or if we feed it to the dog or the neighbors.

           JUDGE EACH DAY, NOT BY THE HARVEST, BUT BY THE SEEDS YOU PLANT.
               ( As shared in JoAnna's (Words Make A Differnce) Positive Thought Gift Book)

This is it for today. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I will be back soon.

PS: If you have any suggetions or critiques please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment