Monday, February 27, 2012

Reality


Well my new walking partner didn't last long. The REALITY is in the above picture. So I'm going it alone today. Whats a person to do? Well I have to just get up, get off this computer and  get it done.

This was a tough weekend. My REALITY was to many carbs. The more I ate the more I wanted to eat. Yesterday I woke up feeling sluggish and a bit defeated. The old me would have said "Oh well I've blown it for two days now what the heck, just eat." The new me said " Face this head on, get out there and walk, figure out what and why." I did go for that walk, I didn't figure out the what and why but I did recharge my batteries and got back to making health choices.

 I made a conscious decision to not eat carbs for a few days. No bread or bread like substances. Yesterday was hard. It made me realize just how many servings of bread or bread like foods, I do eat. Oatmeal for breakfast, homemade pizza for lunch, and popcorn for a snack, plus a few Weight Watchers snack bars in there somewhere, REALITY.

 I did well yesterday. I only had the popcorn for a snack. Not perfect but who is. Before my new healthy lifestyle I would be giving these things up kicking and screaming, not anymore, well maybe a little bit. I want the good feelings I get from making healthy choices and I want to continue to feel the acomplishment of making right choices and to look forward to the success that is still on the horizon. Has this journey been easy, REALITY. No it hasn't, but it is worth it,REALITY  "YES"

This is a journey I have chosen to take because I like the results, no I LOVE the results. Here is the breakfast I made this morning.  I'm off to find low carb or no carb recipes. That should be interesting.. I love finding recipes that are healthy and satisfiying.



No Carb Breakfast
5 Points Plus

                                                                1/2 cup- Egg Beaters
                                                                   1 oz-. soy chorizo
Chopped Onion, Green pepper, Tomato
1- String Cheese
1- Jalapeno
1- Sliced Orange

Spray skillet with cooking spray. Heat on med-high. Add onion, green pepper and chorizo. Cook about 3 minutes or till soft. Add Egg Beaters and scramble. Tear cheese into strips and place on top of egg mixture. Cover and let cheese  melt.  Serve with diced tomato, jalapeno, and orange.

I'm off to get in that exercise even though my walking partner is still in  the sack

. Remember:

"You don't have to do everything, just do what really matters"
 
                                         Denise Austin

1 comment:

  1. You go girl.....good job. No reason to have the PLM's (Poor litte me's) You've come too far for that. Love the cat....I looked pretty much like him all weekend. Feeling better today though and I tried something new for dinner. I'll share it with you Wednesday. That is if we aren't snowed in! Keep up the good work.....

    ReplyDelete