Thursday, June 21, 2012

Enchiladas, Cabbage Salad and Strawberry Margarita

I decided I was hungry for Mexican food. I know that I struggle with going to a Mexican Restaurant soooo. I decided to make Mexican at home. This is the results and the recipes or at least as close as I can get to whatever I threw together. I hope some of you try the enchiladas they were delicious, quick and easy and the Strawberry Margarita was really good to. Thank you Rosemary for introducing me to the Crystal light margarita mix. Your really racking up those Bravos. Make sure to give yourself one for this latest find. Crystal Light Margarita, all the flavor without any of the calories.


Chicken Enchilada 5PP, Cabbage Salad 2PP, 5- Baked Tortilla Chips 1PP and Strawberry Margarita OPP
DELICIOSO
Total - 8PP





                                                     LYNDA'S EASY ENCHILADA

1- can Kirkland chicken
1- can bush's grillin beans (black bean fiesta)
ww cheese
mexican spices
plain yogurt
7 corn tortillas

Drain chicken, mix with Mexican spices. Spoon 2 Tbsp of chicken mixture into a corn tortilla. Add 2 Tbsp. ww Mexican shredded cheese.  Place into a 9x9 " cake pan. Continue with the other 6 tortillas. Top all enchiladas with the can of bush's black bean fiesta, and 1/3 cup ww cheese. Cover with foil and cook at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes. I didn't want to heat our house up so I cooked ours on the outside grill.  Serve up with a dollop of plain fat free yogurt. Garnish with some diced tomatoes, and jalapeno.


                                        THROW IT TOGETHER CABBAGE SALAD

3- cups or so shredded cabbage
1-apple peeled and chopped small
1/4- small red onion chopped small
5- baby carrots shredded
2 Tbsp Newman's Own Ginger Sesame Dressing
salt and pepper to taste
dash of celery seed

Mix all ingredients together and enjoy


                                          STRAWBERRY MARGARITA

1- crystal light margarita mix
2 -quarts water
5-strawberries

1)Mix together in pitcher crystal light and water .

 2) Puree 5 strawberries in blender, add 8 oz crystal light margarita drink to strawberries, add 5-7 ice cubes and blend till smooth.

If you like you can dip your margarita glass in some of the crystal light drink in a flat bowl then into a bowl with powdered sugar. Garnish with a fresh strawberry. Ole

I have to say this is one of the most complete and tasty meals I have put together. It was even better the second day as leftovers. I had all the components of a real Mexican meal. Enchilada, slaw, chips, and margarita. Maybe I'll just start my own Mexican Restaurant. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment