Saturday, May 19, 2012

How my trip went

Hi all,

I'm home and glad to be here.This was a great trip and I came home feeling great. I lost weight when I weighed in at the Thursday morning meeting in LA. I've never lost weight on a vacation (usually gained 8 to 10 pounds.) I learned some new exercises from Rita. Now all I have to do is do them.

 Flying home today I had some time to reflect on other flights I've taken. I have always hated to fly and have spent many hours in a car to avoid flying. This flight was so different.

 Here are some of the things I did to pass the time and some great discoveries.

1) I could cross my legs with out tugging one over the other
2) I could buckle my seat belt and not have to suck in my stomach
3) I didn't feel like a sardine in a can with the lid closed
4) I didn't feel the need to buy airport food just because it was there
5) I actually enjoyed my flight because I felt good about myself
6) I walked the concourse instead of sitting  and waiting for my plane to leave= activity points
7) I had a cookbook that I Pointed out and found some interesting recipes I plan on trying and sharing
8) Worked on my menu for the coming week and wrote out my grocery list


This may sound funny but it was almost like the first time I've ever flown. I've always been overweight when I've flown and it was always embarrassing and hard to do. I never enjoyed my flying and always ended up feeding my insecurities.I would load up on airport junk food. I think we have all had these self doubts  and worries because of  seat size, seat belts that are to short or just how uncomfortable it is to sit on a plane. I hope I've explained what a rewarding experience my plane ride was. Just one more reward for the wonderful lifestyle changes that all of us are working towards. It's so worth all the hard work.

Hope you are all having a great week. See you all on Thursday.

Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment