Sunday, May 27, 2012

Meals 5/26/2012 With Broccoli Slaw Recipe


This turned out to be an interesting meal choice day. We went to Marysville to the races. They have nothing healthy to eat. Nachos, Chicken Strips and French Fries, Hot Dogs, Pretzels with Cheese Sauce. Whats a person to do. Soooooo I got a small bag of Kettle Corn. I'm wondering how many servings comes in a bag. It has the nutritional information on the bag but not how many servings per bag. I just guesstimated. The good thing is I wore my trusted friend and inspiration on my hip aka: Pete (pedometer) and walked  13,289 steps.





Breakfast -Egg Beaters 1PP, Ham 1 PP, 1 Sara Lee Toast 1PP, 1/3 cup Weight Watchers Cheese, Mushrooms, Onion, Bell Pepper, Tomatoes 0PP
Total:5 PP
Lunch -2 Sara Lee Delightful 2 PP, 1 pouch tuna 2 PP, 1 Tbsp. fat free mayo 0 PP, Spinach 0 PP, Broccoli Slaw 2 PP ( recipe below), Watermelon 0 PP
Total: 6 PP 



Dinner -Diet A&W Root beer 0 PP, Small bag Kettle corn (priceless PP)
 I'm guessing 11 PP,
Total 11PP

I also had a 100 calorie pack of Pretzels 3 PP and  2 Bananas  and a McDonald's Ice Cream Cone 4 PP
Total 7 PP


Daily Total : 29

They may not have been the healthiest choices but they were the best choices I could make being put into a unhealthy situation. We are going to the Silver Dollar Fair tomorrow and I will be challenged with unhealthy choices there also. I'm planning on eating 2 meals at home and I will have to see what they have there for Dinner. We will be there until at least 9 as we are going to the car races and I will have to eat Dinner there. I plan on smuggling in some baby carrots, and a piece of fruit so am hoping they have like a kabob or something I can eat with it. I'll let you know how things go . I'm on a mission to prove to myself I can eat FAIRly healthy at the FAIR.  ;)

Me and Rog ( my mountain man) at the Marysville Raceway Park. It was cold. Crazy weather.
But we had fun.


Crunchy Sassy Chinese Slaw

PER SERVING (about 1 cup): 111 calories, 3.5g fat, 375mg sodium, 17.5g carbs, 4g fiber, 10g sugars, 3g protein -- PointsPlus® value 3*

This slaw is so good, it's hard not to eat ALL of it (so do everyone a favor and make a double batch!)...
Ingredients: One 16-oz. package Mann's Broccoli Cole Slaw
1 cup canned water chestnuts, drained and sliced into thin strips
1 cup canned mandarin orange segments packed in water or juice, drained and chopped (and rinsed, if packed in juice)
1 cup chopped scallions
2/3 cup Newman's Own Lite Low Fat Sesame Ginger Dressing
1/4 cup slivered almonds

Directions:
In a large bowl, toss all ingredients together, and mix well. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Stir well before serving. Enjoy!

MAKES 6 SERVINGS

No comments:

Post a Comment