Friday, March 23, 2012

Angel Food Cake with Variations recipe

Serves: 15 - WW Points Plus= 2
Serves:12- WW Points Plus=3

     I box (1-step) angel food cake

Mix the angel food cake mix and desired flavor ingredients together and beat by hand until blended. Pour into greased 9 x 13-inch pan  and bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes .

     Lemon - 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons water, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel

Orange Citrus - 1 cup water, 1/4 cup orange juice and 2 teaspoons grated orange peel


               





            Cherry - 1 (20 ounce) can light cherry pie filling
 I used sugar free. It is so good. I hope you enjoy.






Black Forest - 1 (20 ounce) can light cherry pie filling and 1 /2 cup cocoa

Cotton Candy - 1 (3.4 ounce) box sugar free flavored gelatin, any flavor, and 1 1/4 cups water.

Margarita - 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice and 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime rind

Pineapple - 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice

Pina Colada - 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, 1 tablespoon coconut extract (and 1 tablespoon rum extract, if desired)
                                                     



Pumpkin - 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin, 3/4 cup water, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (or spices for Spice Cake, below)





Spice - 1 1/4 cups water, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1 /2 teaspoon ginger, 1 /2 teaspoon nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

I have made the Cherry and the Pumpkin cakes. They are so good and hubby likes also. I top mine with some lite whipped topping. Very refreshing and a nice size serving. I make my cakes into the 15 servings for 2 points plus. It gives me what I need to satisfie my sweet tooth. I did the math for 12 and 15 points plus on recipe builder to make sure it was 2-3 points and it is. So enjoy with the knowledge that something this good is a wonderful treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment