Saturday, March 31, 2012

My FIBER Filled Saturday

Hi Everyone,
 I'm keeping track of the FIBER I eat today. I'm curious after our Thursday meeting just how much FIBER I eat in a day. I'm not changing anything, just eating what I normally would. I hope my experiment gives you some idea what it takes to eat at least 25 grams of fiber per day.  I eat so much more fiber than I ever have. since starting on WW.  I hardly ever  feel real hungry or deprived.  A lot of days (if I'm not eating from emotions) I 'm having trouble eating all my points because I feel  full for so much longer. Do I still have days that I crave Lays or a candy bar, Yes,Yes and yes. Some days I cave into those craving or emotions  but as my journey continues so does my resolve to make better  choices for ME

As of my Thursday weigh in I have now lost 75 lbs. I am going to go celebrate with a new WW friend on Monday. Deb and I are going to meet, go for a 30-45 minute walk, go to a WW meeting and then out for a delicious lunch. I can't convey to you how wonderful it is to make exercise, WW meetings, and being with friends more important than going out to eat.

 My life has changed so much since I started this journey August 5th, 2010. I know I will always have a struggle with food. I also know I now have the tools, friends, support, understanding and WW to give me guidance when I am  struggling. Thank you all so much for allowing me to share this wonderful New Life!!! I hope this blog helps all of you in some way, because I just want to give back for all that you have given me.

The Fiber counts below are as close as I could get with the help of some online web sites. The Points were figured on WW e-tools.

High Fiber Breakfast

                                                   20.9 grams of FIBER=== 5 Point Plus

                                                  FIBER content of each ingrediant
                                        
                                         1/2 cup black beans==7.5 grams fiber--2 PP
                                                  tortilla ==8 grams fiber--1 PP
1 cup spinach==3.5 grams fiber--0 PP
mandrine orange ==1.4 grams fiber--0 PP
1/4 cup bell pepper==.5 grams fiber-- 0 PP
green onion==trace fiber--0 PP
1/2 cup egg beaters==0 grams fiber--1--PP
green enchilada sauce==0 grams fiber--0 PP
laughing cow cheese wedge==0 grams fiber--1 PP
1 Tbsp. fat free sour cream ==0 grams fiber--0 PP


          Fiber Filled Lunch


10 grams FIBER===7 Points Plus

Franz Thin Bun==7 grams fiber--3 PP
Morningstar Farms Garden Veggie Pattie==3 gram fiber--4 PP
3 oz. baby carrots==2 gram fiber--0 PP
1/2 cup broccoli slaw==0 fiber--0 PP
1 Tbsp. FF Ranch==0 grams fiber--0 PP
mustard and relish== 0 grams fiber--1 PP
1 cup grapes==1 gram fiber--0 PP



                                                               Crockpot Clam Chowder

Recipe Posted


3.5 grams FIBER===11 Points Plus

Clams==0 fiber---0 PP
Bacon==0 fiber--1 PP
Potato==1.25 fiber--2 PP
Onion==.30 grams fiber--0 PP
Carrots==.5 grams fiber-- 0PP
Celery==1 grams fiber--0 PP
Garlic==0 grams fiber --0 PP
Thyme==0 grams fiber-- 0 PP
Chicken Broth==0 grams fiber--0 PP
Half and Half==0 grams fiber--1 PP
Salt and Pepper==0 grams fiber--0 PP
Cornbread Mix===.<1 grams fiber--- 3 PP x 2 (I love cornbread)



Dessert

4 grams FIBER===3 Points Plus
Chocolate Pumpkin Cake== 1 grams fiber--3 PP
1 cup mixed berries==3 grams fiber--0 PP


Total Grams FIBER==38.4
Total Points Plus===26

No comments:

Post a Comment