Friday, March 16, 2012

Positive Affirmations

This past week was a tough week for me. My relationship with food has changed so much, but there are still circumstances in my life when I still allow my emotions to take over and I turn to food for comfort.

Weight Watchers works for me when I work Weight Watchers. WW has given me the tools to make better choices and in the last 1 1/2 year I have made so many positive changes but I still have little bumps in the road. These bumps no longer derail me for very long. I no longer go on a binge and give up. I no longer allow food to make me feel bad when I make a bad choice.  I know I'm only a phone call, meeting or a email away from someone who has or is where I am.

The meeting this week was about positive affirmations. I need to pat myself on the back for all the good choices I make and not let the slips destroy all the hard work that I have put into my new lifestyle. I am including some positive affirmations below and maybe you will find one that works for you. Be kind to yourself this week. It WORKS.

Ralph Marston "Your goals, minus your doubts, equal your reality"

Unknown Author "Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself
                                reasons why I can"

Carl Sandburg "The time for action is now. It's never too late to do
                             SOMETHING"

Harold Wilkins"The world of achievement has always belonged to the optimist"

Marvin Phillips "The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph"

Vince Lombardi "The good lord gave you a body that can stand most anything.
                               It's your mind you have to convince"

Marian Wright Edelman "We must not, in trying to think about how we can 
                                           make a big difference, ignore the small daily differences
                                           we can make, which over time, add up to big
                                           differences that we often cannot see."

As you can see I also posted a article about night time binging. That would be my hardest time of my day. I hope there are some helpful hints in there that will work for you. Remember you deserve the best and don't forget to treat yourself as you treat your family and friends. Have a wonderful week, I'm going too.


No comments:

Post a Comment