Friday, March 2, 2012

My first day on the activity challenge

Well everyone I just wanted to share my wonderful day full of activity. I started my day with some encouragement from my best friend Rita. She is working with a trainer and shared her knowledge with me so I will now share it with you.

First you will need to dust off your exercise bike or maybe like me quit using it to hang clothes on. After getting the bike ready you start peddling at level 1 for 1 minute. You then move up to level 2 for 1 minute, back down to level 1 for 1 minute then up to level 3 for one minute and back down to level 1. You continue this till you get to level 8 or 9 whatever the highest level on your exercise bike is.  I have to tell you I was ready to collapse after that. I text Rita and said "Well I'm done". Of course then it was on to the core exercises. She said "Get down on that floor and do some core crunches while holding a weight ball or whatever gives you some resistance. So to the floor I went. I only did one round and your suppose to do it for at least 30 minutes. Next time.  
That was my morning.


 In the afternoon Roger (hubby) and I then went out to the country to get wood. On our way in we stopped and feed my apple to Moose (horse) and Taco (mule).  I'm wondering how many Points Plus they would get?

 While out there, I got to get in a walk It is so beautiful out there and so calming. Well we got our wood loaded and headed for home. I'm thinking ok enough activity for today. Heck, I don't want to over do it. I've got a whole week to meet the challenge.

Well did I have a surprise waiting for me. Walked into our house and Griswald went and stood by his stroller. What was I to do.Well I loaded him into stroller and away we went.  Lucky for us it was the right time of day and we got to see the beautiful deer just up the street from our home. We only walked a few blocks and I decided I'd done my share for the day and Griswald didn't put up any resistance to returning home and settling in for the evening.

As I write this I am looking at the two men in my life sawing logs, Tired Boys. I hope you enjoyed reading about my day as much as I enjoyed sharing it with you. It really isn't that hard to get in some physical activity and actually enjoy it along the way. I just looked at my pedometer and I logged 10,312 steps today and you know what

 "I had a great time doing it"

I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend and I look forward to sharing the rest of my week with you. I know not all my days will be as successful as today, but I am looking forward to trying to be as active as I can.

Please check in as you can. I have 3 new recipes from Deb, one from Rita and a few of my own. I will be posting those later this weekend.

Inspiration:
Stretching is important! Stretch away the ouch and the stress!
                                         Denise Austin

2 comments:

  1. Great story..... love the photo of you and your little one :-) I'm really proud of how you've sunk your teeth into the activity challenge. I'm going to walk tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear your going to be able to get out and walk. Hope your feet hold up for you and don't cause you to mush pain. This challenge is something I really needed. Activity is what I struggle with the most. Go Mary Go!!!!!

    ReplyDelete