Saturday, March 10, 2012

What happened to my Saturday?

My new Tea Pot Cup
What happened to my Saturday? I was going to clean house (didn't happen), get all the laundry done (didn't happen), clean out hubby's closet (did not happen). What did happen is I went to some yard sales and took some me time. I got myself a brand new swimsuit for $1.00, a new pair of Capri's for $1.00 and I was able to find something I have been looking for, a beautiful tea pot cup  for $3.00. With that being said I will tell you about the rest of my day. Three loads of laundry (check), transplant two flower beds (check), spent quality time with hubby cleaning out garage (check). What a wonderful productive day. Thorough it all I some how managed to get in  6,000 steps. Yeah!!!

Tomorrow I am going to make the cabbage soup. Mary said she is going to make it and take to a soup luncheon later this week and Deb said she is going to try the Braised Cabbage with Bacon for St. Patty's  Day.  I'm going to spend part of my day in the kitchen tomorrow making some new recipes I haven't tried yet and will report back.

Hope you are having a great weekend. I struggle with weekends. They are one of my nemesis. Hubby is home and no structure to my day, plus we go more. Last night we went to a Sacramento Kings game and I had my popcorn fix. On the way home I also had some cappuccino. But I knew it was ok. Saturday I would get right back on track. This is a life style change and my life includes going to functions that I want to enjoy foods I don't eat on a daily basis. For the first time in my life I am not on a restrictive diet. I truly feel in control of my eating. Do I still stumble and fall yes but I know I will be ok tomorrow because I have the tools and support I need and I have learned to accept that I am not perfect and that's ok.


Laughing Cow Cheese has a new product. It's called Smooth Sensations Cream Cheese Spread, it comes in some really great sounding flavors. Strawberries & Cream, Garden Vegetable, Cinnamon Cream, and Classic Cream. I will be sharing some recipes I found on the Laughing Cow site. They sound so good and I love my Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges. The good news is the new product is still wedge shape and only 1 Points Plus per serving. Go Laughing Cow.

I have started volunteering at the Paradise Senior Center Thrift Store and would encourage all of you to stop in for a visit or if your cleaning out closets to drop your things off there. A great group of women from the Senior Center has taken over the job of cleaning up the store and making it into a place everyone feels comfortable shopping at. I know I was surprised when I walked into the store a couple of weeks ago and it looked like a whole new place.  I asked if they could use any help and they said yes , PLEASE. I worked a few hours on Friday and really enjoyed my time there. They are all working hard and need every ones support. Great job girls.

Well everyone I feel ready for the rain and if not you all will hear me whining about my stumbles. Have a great one.  The inspiration for today is

"To think is easy, To act is difficult, To act as one thinks is the most difficult"

                                                 Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

2 comments:

  1. Lynda...I'll let you know how the cabbage soup turns out. I'm sure it will be well received, especially if I don't tell anyone it's good for them :-) Laughing Cow Cream Cheese. If you see it in your travels let me know. Where is the Senior Center Thrift Store? Sounds like you are having a very positive weekend. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Senior Thrift Store is at 488 Pearson Rd. across from the Gold Nugget Museum. Open Tues-Sat---10 to 5.

    Look forward to seeing you. Thanks for all your help :)

    ReplyDelete