Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Process


PROCESS-A series of actions, changes, or functions bringing about a result.

I'm calling this post "The Process" I had quite a night last night. The Lays Potato chips were calling my name and Lays won. Of course I just couldn't eat some Lays, I had to share them with some Fat Free Cottage Cheese. No weighing No measuring. Just eat it all. That was the start to my Monday night binge feast. The WW snack bars, Trader Joes brownies and WW toffee candy was on my radar for the finishing touches to my binge or so I thought. The actual last course was a very large bowl of Cinnamon Cheerios.

 What is a binge the dictionary defines it as "To be immoderately self-indulgent and unrestrained."

BINGO that was my behavior last night. I tried to figure out why? The only thing I could come up with was the same thing that has kept me stalled in my weight loss journey for far to long. I have tried this path three times now and I get to pretty much the same spot and faultier every time. I'm in the 190's  and I get scared, I guess. I have reached this goal for the 3rd time now and find my head urging me to not use all the knowledge I have gained on each try. Before I have always quit. This time I am going to do whatever it takes to make it to the end. I WILL continue to go to meetings, weigh in (even when I don't want to), journal my food, get in daily activity and be as honest with myself as I possibly can. I want this more than I want any of those foods I consumed last night. I am not perfect nor will I ever be. I have the tools in place to finish this journey it is a Process.

With that being said. I got up this morning and eat healthy, weighed and measured and got in some activity. I'm back on track today and" I'm Feeling Good."

1 comment:

  1. It IS a process. The important thing is that you got up this morning and got back on track! Hooray for you! Someone once told me that having a lapse in a weight loss journey is similar to tripping and falling on the ground. It happens to all of us, but we don't see anyone laying on the ground for days, not even trying to get up. We all eventually get up and continue on with our life. A lapse is the same--it happens, we start new and move on. Consider it all part of the process. Just think how wonderful it will be when you see the next level on the scale!

    By the way, I'm glad you enjoyed the quiche recipe. I think it is definitely a keeper.

    ReplyDelete